The 90’s was an era where things were much simpler but with no lack of entertainment. Technology may not have been as advanced as today, but we were still happy nonetheless. There was no such thing as the iPad, iPhone or xbox instead, we spent more time outdoors running around playing games like block catching or ice and water. The 90’s brought us lots of fond memories, and here are top 10 things that all 90’s kids miss!
1. Multipurpose pencil case — had secret compartments, sharpeners, and even a thermometer. Certainly felt like the Transformers.
2. Our parents didn’t even care if we watch TV for hours as long as it’s on Hiraya Manawari or Sineskwela.
3. Remember how we rushed home from school so we can watch Eugene, Goku, Sakuragi and the others?
4. Stackable pencil – which was really cool, until you lost one pellet and realised the pencil couldn’t be used anymore.
5. Autograph books, which were especially popular right before. Autograph books were exchanged and classmates you like would take a turn to write in your book, decorating it with
6. We dug holes from the soil to play jolens and didn’t care about worms and shit.
7. Friendship bands, strings which girls weaved under the table to give to one another. Pretty similar to the Rainbow Loom bands kids nowadays are obsessed with.
8. Remember how amazed we were about these bouncing butterfly hairpins inspired by Jolina?
9. Plastic balloon – just blow them through the straw! You can even stack them or pop a hole in your balloon to continue blowing it.
10 Waterful ring-toss– sure looks harder than it seems. Warning: a sore thumb ensues!