Fix iPhone Overheating Issue
Apple iPhone is one the hottest smartphones in the world but when you put it under stress, it gets too hot and starts misbehaving. Overheating is reported as a big issue not only for iPhones but also many others, the reason behind is that when a smartphone feels extremely hot, it can explode and end up human life. So, it is imperative to keep your iPhone cool down in any situation.
This article aims to provide information regarding the iPhone overheating. Continue reading it to know what does it means and how you can fix iPhone overheating issue.
Why Do iPhone Start Overheating?
Keep in mind that iPhones can function accurately in areas where the temperature is between 0° and 35°. So, be relaxed, this is the pretty good range for UK users. However, your iPhone can still feel warm or even hot when you use it constantly. There are two key components i.e. CPU and battery that can generate heat and make your iPhone hot. In addition, the iPhone has a metal body which can also absorb heat.
Let’s have a look at some common situations when your iPhone gets hot:
- Using processor-intensive applications such as video editor.
- Using the phones during charging.
- Playing a graphically advanced game.
- Making heavy use of GPS, especially on old handsets.
- Streaming HD videos for a long period.
All these activities can make your iPhone hot that can hurt the performance of the device in many ways.
What Happens When an iPhone Gets Hot?
So, it is normal to get an iPhone hot, hence, it hurts the functionality of the device. This is the reason you should know that what happens when an iPhone overheats. Here are some few misbehaves that an iPhone perform when it feels hot:
- It stops charging.
- The screen display darkens or goes black.
- The camera flash goes temporarily disabled.
How to Cool Off a Hot iPhone?
If your iPhone keeps overheating, you should start following these simple tips. These tips will certainly help you to keep the iPhone running at an acceptable temperature, or simply cool off your beloved iPhone.
- Try to avoid leaving your iPhone in direct sunlight even at a moderate temperature. The reason is that direct sunlight can overheat the phone which is harmful not only to your phone but also for you. So, keep your phone in a bag whenever you go outside.
- Don’t leave your iPhone in the hot car. Yes, if you need to spend some time outside of the car, prefer to take the phone with you when you parked the car. In hot sunny days, the interior of a closed car starts absorbing the heat and makes all things including phone inside the car too hot. This overheating can also become a cause of exploding.
- If you find your iPhone hot during charging or any other situation then you should remove the case if you have any. This will help to get your device cool down!
- Force restart your iPhone when you realise it is getting hot and the battery is draining insanely fast when using. To do this, press and keep hold the home button and sleep/wake button until the Apple logo shows.
- Close out all running apps if you want to cool down your iPhone. You can do this by double-clicking the home button and swiping each app off the top of the screen.
- Turn off Bluetooth because it supplies an additional source of heat.
- Ensure your apps are updated if you want to keep your iPhone healthy and fresh. Most app updates not only offer some additional features but also remove bugs and improve your phone’s efficiency. To check for app updates, go to the App Store and tap Updates at the bottom of the screen. Here you will get an option to update your apps either one at a time or all at once. I would recommend you to choose to Update All option.
- Update the system software by heading over to the Settings > General > Software Update, to cool down your iPhone.
- Disable Location Services because GPS can heat up the iPhone the most. Turn it off by opening the Settings > Privacy > Off.
- Advanced games can also cause to heat up the iPhone. So, try to avoid playing games on your iPhones.
- Don’t use map directions because it can make your iPhone extremely hot.
- Charging heats up the iPhone. So, don’t charge your phone if it’s hot or if it gets hot during charging then stop charging until it gets cool down.
- You can also cool off your iPhone by turning on Airplane mode. This makes GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and cellular data disabled. To do this, head to control centre and then swipe up from the home or lock screen.
- Power off your iPhone device if you are worried about overheating the phone. To do this, hold down the Sleep/wake button and slide to power off the phone.
- After using all the above tricks, if you are still facing the overheating issue, then you should take your iPhone off to a repair centre to fix. iPhone repair will charge some cost but it can bring your iPhone back to the fresh working state.
- If you don’t want to get your iPhone repaired as it is getting older then you should sell your old iPhone. Selling an old unwanted phone make you money a lot that you can spend on buying a new latest model.
How to Sell Your Old iPhone for More Money?
Though you can opt for eBay or Craigslist websites to sell your iPhone that you no longer want to use, be aware of scamming people on these sites. You can become a victim of a scam if you choose a wrong buyer to sell your iPhone there. So, select these big platforms on your own!
Another popular place to sell old and broken phones is mobile recycling websites. The key purpose of such kind of websites is to maintain a healthy environment by reducing mobile phone waste. These approved sites buy your mobile phones of any brand or model and pay you for them. To find out the highest-paying recycling site, you can head over to a top-rated mobile phone comparison website. Comparison websites only take a second to offer you with the topmost deals offered by top-class recycling companies. So, simply look for a reputable comparison site and make the most money by selling your old iPhone.