Bacterial vaginosis (BV) is a vaginal infection that causes the discomfort for women. Home remedies for bacterial vaginosis below will be helpful for the patients with BV.
Bacterial vaginosis (BV) is a vaginal infection that occurs most commonly in women between the ages of 15 to 44. Vaginal infection can be cured completely, however, if it is treated incorrectly, the disease can get worse, more difficult to treat and leave more dangerous complications. Besides using medication as the direction of the doctor, the patient can refer these home remedies for bacterial vaginosis shared in below to treat and prevent this vaginal infection.
Bacterial vaginosis can cause many different symptoms and the most common symptoms are vaginal discharge, bad odor, itching and painful feeling. It is not a sexually transmitted disease. Bacterial vaginosis is caused by the overgrowth of bacteria in the vagina. The exact causes of bacterial vaginosis have not found out yet, however, there are some factors can increase the risk of this disease such as sexual intercourse. If this disease is not treated in time, it could endanger the reproductive health, even leading to infertility.
Home Remedies for Bacterial Vaginosis
- Green tea leaf
Green tea leaf has long been used as one of the home remedies for Bacterial vaginosis. This leaves are highly antiseptic so the use of green tea leaves to cure vaginal infection is a very effective way.
How to use the green tea leaf
- Wash fresh green tea leaves with diluted salt water
- Use the juice of these leaves to mix with warm water to wash the vagina.
- Another use the patient can refer is boiling the washed green tea leaves
- Add a little salt
- Use this mixed water to soak the vagina when it cools down.
- Take 2 or 3 times per week to use this home remedy and stop until this disease is cured.
- Guava leaf
Guava leaf also contains good antiseptic and anti-fungal substances, therefore, it can be used for cleaning vagina to help reduce the symptoms of Bacterial vaginosis.
How to use guava leaves:
- Wash a few fresh green guava leaves with salt water
- Put these washed leaves to the boiler for about 30 minutes
- Filter this water and using it to soak the vagina.
- Take 2 or 3 times per week to help relieve the symptoms of Bacterial vaginosis quickly.
Not many people know that using okra is also an effective home remedies for Bacterial vaginosis as okra is high in minerals and active substances that inhibit inflammation.
How to use okra to cure vaginal infection:
- Take about 100g of okra with 100 ml water to boil for 20-30 minutes
- Let this water cool down
- Use it daily to reduce the discomfort that is caused by vaginitis.
- Apple cider vinegar
There are many benefits of apple cider vinegar in the life. Besides, it also is considered as one of the effective home remedies for Bacterial vaginosis since apple cider vinegar also has the very effective ability to kill bacteria and fungus.
How to treat vaginal infection with apple cider vinegar:
- Add a cup of apple cider vinegar into water in bathtub when showering.
- It is the effective way to clean the vagina naturally, which helps to relieve the symptoms of vaginitis quickly and safely.
- Using diluted salt water
This is one of the very simple home remedies for Bacterial vaginosis, which almost everyone knows. Just use salt to dissolve with warm water, then clean the vagina with it. After washing, remember to use a soft towel to decrease wet in this area. However, you should not do this remedy too many times a day or week, as using salt water can make your vagina dry. It is best to use this method 2 or 3 times per week.
- Using basil leaves
Basil leaf is the type of vegetable used as one of the condiments in dishes. Thank to having strong antibacterial properties, anti-fungal substances and its detoxification, basil leaves are so very suitable for treating vaginal infection and used as one of the effective home remedies for Bacterial vaginosis.
How to use basil leaves for treating Bacterial vaginosis
- Wash basil leaves
- Pound on it into paste
- Boil this paste with about 2 cups of water
- Filter this paste in order to use the water to clean the vagina.
- Alternatively, drinking basil leaf juice daily is also an effective way to treat vaginitis.
- Using wormwood leaf
Wormwood leaf are known as the herbal used to treat osteoarthritis. It is also considered as one of the effective home remedies for Bacterial vaginosis.
How to use this herb for treating vaginal infection:
- Use about 20g of dry wormwood leaves
- Boil them with 300ml of water
- Use this water for vaporization in 15 minutes for cleaning the vagina when the water cool down.
- Finally, wash the vagina with clean water and dry it with a soft towel.
- Doing this remedy twice a day and continuously for 7 days will be as effective as you expected.
Moreover, it is noted that having safe sex, taking yogurt or probiotic supplements, wearing breathable cotton underwear are recommended as useful home remedies for Bacterial vaginosis. These treatments can help regain the natural balance of bacteria in the vagina and heal the vaginal infection quickly.
If these home remedies for Bacterial vaginosis listed in above do not work well, asking for advice from doctors will be necessary in that case. Because of testing your vaginal discharge, you also should remember to make your appointment on a day when you do not get your period. Either oral antibiotics or an antibiotic cream will be prescribed for you to treat the vaginal infection.