The rise in the number of offices in cities and towns is quite palpable. Different companies attempt to secure the workplace for their employees. Some companies deploy security guards and install video cameras at the entrance of the building for noting the people who enter and exit the premise of the office. Visitors are thoroughly checked, and the bags carried by them are also scanned and checked.
Security is of paramount importance in today’s world. All the security measures undertaken are to ensure that criminal activities that attempt to penetrate the office space form outside get nipped in the bud. But the people who are part of the workforce also sometimes engage in unlawful activities, so then there should be a system in place for ensuring surveillance. That also becomes useful for tracking corrupt activities among individuals who are working inside the office building.
Common ill practices are seen in an office
It is true that all individuals do not come to the workplace with the right instinct. There are good and bad people in the world, so the same thing stands true for the workforce of a particular company. It has both good and bad members. However, if the people who are not eager to improve the business by doing their specific task or are merely trying to create a problem in the workplace, then it is important to point out the individual or persons who are attempting to tarnish the reputation of the entire organization with their activities. The services of video surveillance system Philadelphia can be utilized for curbing wrong actions of such individuals.
Some documented malpractices observed among employees of an organization are given below:
- Sexual harassment of employees which is more in the case of female workers. In many cases, female employees gave to face snide remarks or even get molested in a work area.
- Merely pestering employees for no valid reason and decreasing their workability by distracting and disturbing them continuously.
- Wasting time instead of doing the assigned tasks and making excuses for the incompletion of jobs on time.
- Trying to smuggle valuable things out from the office. Stealing from other employees also falls in this category.
- Drinking, smoking in the office area during duty hours.
- Using drugs while working in the office or tempting others to do so.
- Making false claims of injustice and threatening to file lawsuits.
The above practices have been displayed by employees of organizations. There are many other things as well which can occur at the workplace but are not suitable for such places. However, that does not imply that all employees follow the same track of unlawful activities.
If such problematic employees are present in the office, then it is suitable to give them a warning when the offense is noted for the first time. But if the behavior of the employee doesn’t change then the ultimate decision of termination of work contract is the only way. Also, it is essential to notify the police in case of criminal offense done by employees in the office.