According to studies conducted by several agencies, most brands like to post to Instagram on a daily basis. In fact, the average is about 1.5 posts per day. This may be a very interesting fact that the studies have found but the main question is when the right time of the day to post on Instagram is.
The question is more concerning when it is found through the same studies that there is no correlation between lower engagement and increased frequency for the brands that posted more than twice each day. It did not have any ill effects. However, most brands aim to post at least once each day on Instagram while keep on experimenting with their additional posts in order to find out what works best for the brands.
Considering the change to the algorithmic timeline by Instagram, timing your posts is now more important and relevant elements to consider. With the algorithm deciding when to show content, it is important to post your content at the times when it is more likely to be picked up the users the most ensuring most engagement.
Perfect timing will ensure how Instagram’s algorithm determines when your post should appear and that too at the top of the feeds of your followers.
Debate over the time
As per the research conducted, no specific conclusion can be drawn about the right time to post on Instagram.
- Few say that Mondays and Thursdays usually drive the most engagement if it is posted within 8:00 to 9:00 a.m.
- On the other hand, there are a few that say 11:00 am on the same days is the best time for posting on Instagram.
However, these discrepancies and differences in opinions may compel you to think that the best way to treat is to follow the best practices guidelines. But, the level of engagement that you may receive will depend on a large number of factors. It will also vary from one business profile to another.
For your type of business and location, the most ideal time when the Instagram users may like your post could be 5:00 pm on Wednesdays while it may be entirely different for a similar business in a different region.
The research results
When research was conducted on different posts that are managed and scheduled by the users to run an analysis, it showed different and varying results considering the likes and comments that these posts received the most.
- On an average, it was found that 2 a.m. and 5 p.m. are the best times to post. If you post in these times, it will attract the attention of the followers the most.
- On the other hand, the study said that the worst times are 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Among the days, Wednesdays seemed to be the best day of the week to post on Instagram, however, not by much.
The underlying facts
Therefore, you may tend to think what is so important or special about 2 a.m. and 5 p.m. Well, there are a few theories about 5 p.m.
It is thought that during this time, less people like to post and more engaged users use Instagram at this time. This means that if you post at 5 p.m., there is a good chance to engage more people.
Moreover, it is the time when most people are relieved from their office work daily, and therefore they can now easily hop on Instagram. That means you will have more traffic at this time.
The study also broke down the best times to post for each day of the week. If you go by the data, you will see that the so-called ‘most engaged time on Instagram’ typically shifts from one day to another.
- On a given Monday, for example, it may be 5 p.m. that is pretty crummy time as the engagement is highest at 7 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- On the other hand, on a Friday, 1 a.m. and 8 p.m. seems to be the sweet time.
These differences once again call for the experts to find the right time to post your pictures or videos to ensure the maximum velocity. There are several websites of such experts that you can visit for help such as https://vvslikes.com/ and others.
The final conclusion
The studies and surveys were finally concluded depending on different factors such as:
- Days of the week
- Engagement type and level desired
- Measuring the likes and comments on the posts by dividing the follower count of the user.
In all situation, however, the differences were found to be very little overall. The result showed that the average best of engagement of the users is 4.9 percent as compared to worst that showed 4.4 percent. That means you will lose only by 0.5% in the engagement level irrespective of the day and time you post on Instagram.
However, among all brands, the best day still remains Wednesday to post on Instagram and the best time to post ranges from 2:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. There are a few distinct philosophies regarding these specific times to stand out.
The study did not overlook the other days and times as well. According to the study the best times and days can be summarized as follows:
- On a Sunday at 5:00 p.m.
- On Monday at 7:00 p.m. as well as 10:00 p.m.
- On Tuesday at 3:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m.
- On Wednesday as said earlier at 5:00 p.m.
- On a Thursday at 7:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m.
- On Fridays at 1:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. and
- On every Saturday at 12:00 a.m. and 2:00 a.m.
The research also considered the best engagement level to come up with these best times of the day and not just by the number of likes and comments along with the follower count of the user.
Therefore, knowing the best times to post, make sure you do it consistently taking help of the Instagram Scheduler that will allow you to plan your Instagram posts to maximize engagement.
John is a Business Tech Analyst. He is very responsible towards his job. He loves to share his knowledge and experience with his friends and colleagues.