What can you do if the headlights of the car are dim and the engine of the car refuses to turn over? Yes, it means your car battery keeps dying! No doubt that it is an awkward moment, being a car owner you are responsible for taking care of each and everything in your car.
Yes, a battery of the car is the most underrated and important piece of equipment your car needs to drive. Your car battery also helps in giving the power to other systems. There is not such a scenario that only an old car battery keeps dying, many people also faced the problem of new car battery dead, but it may be dying because of another reason. Before knowing about the reasons behind this issue, you should be aware of how long should a car battery last? According to Tips4car.com, there are different tested dead car battery tricks which is helpful than a jumpstart.
How Long Should a Car Battery Last?
Well, new car battery dead in very rare cases. Many experts have a varying opinion on the lifespan of an average car battery; some mechanics says that there is no failure occurs until something goes wrong. Fortunately, some companies say it would last a good 5 year, and others say that it would extend up to 6 or even 7 years. But there isn’t such an exact estimation about this electrical component, being a car owner you ought to convey more attention towards the components of the car, especially car battery, as it is a heart or major part of your vehicle.
Why The Car Battery Keeps Dying?
Here are some reasons why the battery of the car keeps dying:
When The Headlights or Dome Lights Remains On:
- Yes, this one is the blunder mistake that most of the car owner does by keeping headlights or dome light on; as a result, their car battery dying
- If there is dark outside, then you are responsible for checking any interior lights
- No doubt that there are few companies designed the headlights which remain on for a while – but the malfunctioning system keeps these headlights permanently on
If The Car Battery In Weak or Poor Condition:
- Yes, you should check out the condition of the battery, if the condition is weak or poorly maintained, then this electrical component may not charge very well
If The Battery Corroded or Loose Connections:
- Maybe you hear this before that corroded or loose battery connections can cause the problems, as corroded connections can prevent the charging system “while you are driving the car.”
If The Other Parasitic Drains In The Electrical System:
- It happens in very rare cases because parasitic drains can be hard to inspect, but these parasitic drains fully capable of killing batteries dead
When There Are Extremely Hot or Cold Temperatures:
- Your battery will cause failure due to hot or cold weather if your battery is within the poor condition, if it is new then stop worrying!
- Well, there are some underlying issues that you might face due to extremely hot or cold temperature
If There Are Charging System Problems:
- If you notice that the car battery keeps dying while driving, then it means the charging system of the battery may be at fault
Well keep reading to know more about battery maintenance:
Dead Car Battery Tricks – (Tested):
Here are some tricks that are mentioned below:
If your battery suddenly died, no need to worry! You can get instant startup by dropping two aspirin tablets into the battery. The acetylsalicylic acid in aspirin’s works greatly when combines with battery’s sulfuric acid to produce one last charge. As a result, you will able to get your car to the nearest service company.
If you see the corrosive build-up on your battery terminal, then you ought to do some tricks. Do you know how? Well – take 3 tbsp of baking soda and 1 tbsp of hot water, mix both very well, “begin with scrubbing corrosive build-up with the toothbrush and this baking soda paste”. Take a wet towel and wipe it, after that dry it with another towel. The most important thing is that, when the terminal of battery once dried completely, apply a small amount of petroleum jelly to each battery terminal, it prevents future corrosive build-up.
Luckily – you come to know about why car battery keeps dying and also about some tested dead car battery tricks.